Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
October 24, 2014, 11:21:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Acadiaforum Window Decals are now available!  Order Here

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SLT-1 vs SLT-2  (Read 18187 times, 29 Replies)
tshamba

Ignore
« on: March 08, 2007, 09:32:47 AM »

Can you guys help me better understand the differences between the SLT-1 package and the SLT-2 package? 

My local dealer has one SLT-2 with all options minus HUD.  45k. However, they have an SLT-1 for 37.5k with the following options….

AM/FM Stereo CD/MP3 Player
Convenience Package
   Remote Start
   Rear Parking
Dual SkyScape
Entertainment System DVD with Bose surround sound
Tailoring Package
Power lift gate
XM Radio

What am I missing by not going with the SLT-2?  The SLT-1 has all the options I want minus the 19” wheels.  I understand the SLT-2 has more options with the power seats; the SLT has heated windshield wiper fluid.  Is the SLT-2 worth an additional 7k?

Also, the color is Carbon Metallic.  Not my first pick.
tshamba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 09:39:20 AM »

My bad folks.  I gave you two different numbers…

The SLT-2 is 44.7k
The SLT-1 is 39.6k

Only a 5k difference.  I gave you my supplier pricing on the SLT-1.
oicu812

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 09:54:31 AM »

With those options added to an SLT-1, all you're missing from the SLT-2 is:

XM Radio
cargo share & net
3-prong outlet
Heated washers
express-up driver window

Most of the content of the SLT-2 can be added to an SLT-1.  The only significant diff I saw was they only let you add HUDs to an SLT-2 (but that's a marketing constraint, not engineering)

PS, That 'Tailoring' package will sure come in handy. I wish my vehicle could custom-fit my clothing.  Grin

2007 Acadia SLT1 AWD, Red Jewel, Conv Pkg, Pwr Liftgate, HUD, Heated Washers.
tshamba

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 10:23:45 AM »

Thanks for the info OIC.

Haha…tailoring!  I’m an idiot!   Cheesy
kjf
Early Acadia Adopter
Global Moderator

Bill's still the Cat

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 10:40:19 AM »

There is also a difference in front seats. The driver's seat in an SLT-1 is 6-way power adjustable, while the SLT-2 is 8-way. The passenger seat is 2-way power adjustable in the SLT-1 with a manual lumbar support, which teh SLT-2 is 4-way power adjustable with a power-adjustable lumbar support.

Kelly
admin
Administrator
Acadia Freak

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 12:03:09 PM »

The SLT2 also has power fold-in mirrors. An option you cannot get on any other trim package. Not always important, but I would have LOVED this option on ours, it's a tight squeeze into the garage. I believe that, more power seat options, memory seats/mirrors, express up/down windows (driver and passenger) are all included in SLT2 and can't be purchased as options on lower trims.

2007 Acadia SLT1 (Carbon Metallic/Titanium, DVD, Convenience, Captains Chairs, Cargo Pkg, XM, outlet) photo album
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (Summit White/Beige, RS pkg, Sunroof, 20" Polished Wheels, 426HP of Pure Evil!)
brewmaster

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 12:25:42 PM »

All replies on this thread are correct.  The biggest (i.e. $$$) differeneces between the 1 and the 2 are the front power seats and the power folding mirrors.  We initially spec'ed out an SLT-2 - all options minus DVD/Nav - and  after multiple "builds" on the GMC website we opted for a fully decked out SLT-1.  There was about $1,300 difference between the 2 trim levels and I could not warrent paying that much for a few options I did not see myself (or my wife since it is her vehicle) using much.

We ordered our SLT-1 with HUD, power liftgate, 115V, sunroof, heated washer fluid, RKE, etc.  Love it!

I think there is a difference in the seat memory function too.  Not sure the SLT-1 allows you to save 2 different configurations.  We just got our Acadia Tuesday night so I am still playing around with it.

Deep Blue AWD SLT-1 (with nearly all options of SLT-2)
loach
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 03:18:37 PM »

No memory seats in the SLT-1.

Formerly owned: '08 GMC Acadia SLT2 AWD.  Bought July '07, sold Aug '10
clsuper

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 03:27:49 PM »

Click here:

http://www.gmc.com/acadia/acadia/specsOverview.jsp
tshamba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 03:39:35 PM »

Thanks for all the good info! 
Jens

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 07:36:36 PM »

Does anyone out there have an Acadia with the power folding mirrors?  I am concerned about parking an Acadia in my garage at home, since it is larger that the Envoy.  My Envoy fits just fine.  I am thinking I would have to fold the mirrors in to ensure that I would not hit them.  Does anyone else have this problem parking their Acadia in their garage?

Owner 2002 GMC Envoy SLT 4x4
Considering trading in for an Acadia AWD SLT-2
admin
Administrator
Acadia Freak

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 08:51:54 PM »

Everyone with SLT2's have that feature, and nobody else. We really wanted it, since the Acadia is a tight fit into ours, but they didn't have an SLT2 in stock that we wanted, so no power mirrors for us. We just have to ease in and out slowly until the mirrors clear.

2007 Acadia SLT1 (Carbon Metallic/Titanium, DVD, Convenience, Captains Chairs, Cargo Pkg, XM, outlet) photo album
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (Summit White/Beige, RS pkg, Sunroof, 20" Polished Wheels, 426HP of Pure Evil!)
LV74-04

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 09:15:42 PM »

The memory seats are the only reason we want the SLT2.
 We have them on the Yucon and because the wife drives almost all the way forward and i cant even get in with the seats that way it makes it a must have.
I have gotten spoiled just hitting the button as soon as i open the door  Grin

Later
Larry

Acadia SLE Red Jewel
86 Pontiac Fiero
04 Harley FLHTCI
74 Harley XLCH
mitchl

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 04:15:01 PM »

Memory seats and mirrors.....Memory seats and mirrors.....Memory seats and mirrors.....Memory seats and mirrors.....Memory seats and mirrors.....

5x because it may be a do nothing $160 option on some cars, it would not have mattered if it was the only difference between the SLT1 and SLT2 and the cost difference was $4k, the SLT2 would be required for that feature.  We decided we had to have it on the last car (a Jeep GC Limited) -- and even though it does not set the driver's mirror right (Jeep has flunked fixing that 3 times)-- just the fact that I can get in and not slam my knees on the steering column makes it all worth it.  I don't ever think about positioning the seat.

That is not to say I was not a little ticked about it being tied to the highest trim, because I think the power rear door is a little silly (my wife does not agree), so is the 120v outlet as I have inverters already... the power folding mirrors are cool.    I would have argued for the SLE and saved 6k perhaps if I could get the memory seats on that, however.   It is not something that should be tied to trim level, but GM is getting more money from me for just that reason.

One thing I find interesting is the SLE, SLT1, SLT2 designation, as well as on some Chevy's there is a base and LT1, LT2, and LT3 levels.  Why do they not go with different trim names completely so they can badge the car that way?  like an SL, SLT and Limited?   

2012 Nissan Altima - Purch May 2012
2012 Nissan Frontier - Purch May 2012
2007 GMC Acadia FWD SLT2, Deep Blue, Titanium Leather, 2Row Bench, DVD, HUD. -- Ord Feb 07, Delivered Apr 07, Traded May 12
2008 White Mustang- V6 Pony Package, Tan Leather, 5 Speed.  Purch Jun 08, Traded May 12
admin
Administrator
Acadia Freak

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 08:51:33 PM »

I also saw a Durango today that was an SLT trim - Does that mean something I'm not aware of? Sorry for sounding dumb, but I had absolutely ZERO interest in any American car before this, so I have all but ignored them on the roads until now.

mitchl

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 01:52:39 AM »

I don't know what SLT stands for.  And I don't know what SLE stands for either.  My point is that there are 3 trim levels, but only two names.  Seems silly there.    I don't know why carmakers even label the base model trim.

My wife had a 98 Honda Accord EX V6 which was the top of the line coupe, but the next one down was the DX which I thought sounded like "Deluxe" and would be the highest end trim.  And then they had an LX as well. 

2012 Nissan Altima - Purch May 2012
2012 Nissan Frontier - Purch May 2012
2007 GMC Acadia FWD SLT2, Deep Blue, Titanium Leather, 2Row Bench, DVD, HUD. -- Ord Feb 07, Delivered Apr 07, Traded May 12
2008 White Mustang- V6 Pony Package, Tan Leather, 5 Speed.  Purch Jun 08, Traded May 12
tbone

Boca Raton, Florida

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 11:09:32 PM »

Most of the content of the SLT-2 can be added to an SLT-1.  The only significant diff I saw was they only let you add HUDs to an SLT-2 (but that's a marketing constraint, not engineering)

Is this true ?

07/ SLT-2 FWD, Carbon metallic, Ebony leather,  sunroof, HUD, 19s, Second row bench. ordered February 26th.  (6 weeks wait time)
linuxtwit

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 11:18:44 PM »

Is this true ?

I don't think this is correct.  Both GMC.com GMCanada.com show HUD as being an available option for SLT1 and SLT2.
HID headlights are only available on the SLT2 though.

08 GMC Acadia SLT1 AWD Liquid Silver/Titanium
(Ordered July 20/07 Built August 20/07 Delivered Sep 10/07)
acadia7j100001

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 11:29:32 PM »

Jens...my wife's Acadia has the power folding mirrors and we have nine foot wide garage doors...and her previous vehicle was an Envoy...she has no problem parking and does not fold the mirrors.  She does back in to the garage.  I also have the power mirrors and I fold them in EVERY time I park the car in a parking lot.  It keeps people from knocking them when they squeeze between the narrow spots!!  I also power fold them at the car wash.  So...two views of power mirrors...I wouldn't be without them...my wife probably doesn't really need/use them.
admin
Administrator
Acadia Freak

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2007, 12:00:48 AM »

Yeah, that's not correct at all, sorry. The options that come w/ SLT2 that you can't get otherwise are power folding mirrors, 8 way power drivers seat/4 way power passenger seat (up from 6/2way in SLT1), memory seats & mirrors w/ 2 settings, and express up and down windows. THis thread actually covers everything pretty well if you read through it. The HUD and all other options can be had on lower trims.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories