Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
April 24, 2014, 07:50:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for something smaller than the Acadia? Check out the all new GMC Terrain at http://www.TerrainForum.net

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another 2009 trans down at 85,000 just a few months out of warranty  (Read 313 times, 2 Replies)
mattawilson123

Ignore
« on: April 07, 2014, 05:44:33 PM »

We have the 2009 GMC Acadia which seems to be having a bit of a problem. The transmission has gone up on it and it happens to be a few months out of warranty. My wife did say that it had been driving strangely the past few months but didnít think anything of it. Our fault for not getting it in sooner, but here we are. It is in the Glen Burnie Wilkins GMC being worked on right now. Looks like the wave plates in the transmissions have been a problem for GMC. I understand that things will break as time goes on, but $4000 right out of warranty is a bit steep.
I sent an EMail to GMC customer service 4/2/2014, but still havent heard anything from them. I had to make the decision to have them replace the trans being that my wife needs to get to work. I hope that even though it is just out of warranty, GMC might be able to help.

Thanks
Matt
slapshot54

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 06:57:50 PM »

Most people get GM to cover half so I would fight for at least that and start with demanding they pay for the whole thing due to known issues and being under the millage but over the time for warranty coverage.

2013 Acadia SLT-1 Iridium Metallic/Ebony - Factory Trailering
ls973800

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 07:24:36 PM »

What was your in service date, and what miles do you have on it now. 

I have read of some assistance from GM, so it might depend also how far out of the 5 year/100000 power train warranty you are.

2010 Summit White Traverse LTZ, Nav, Sunroof, Rear Entertainment, Towing, Rear Buckets w/Console-Added $3.00 Nav By-Pass, Rearview mirror w/Compass, Cabin Air Filter, Lights to Homelink Buttons   SOLD 4/2012
Pages: [1]   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories