Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
October 31, 2014, 03:37:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for something smaller than the Acadia? Check out the all new GMC Terrain at http://www.TerrainForum.net

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Second Row Bench Seats  (Read 13616 times, 33 Replies)
Joroyanna

Ignore
« on: August 27, 2007, 08:11:51 PM »

Does anyone have the second row bench seats?  If so, are they comfortable.  I am changing from a Dodge Caravan with captain's chairs in the second row, and am now in the process of purchasing the Acadia with second row bench seats.  I would like to know if it is comfortable and roomy enough for three kids (one of them uses a car seat). 
big bear craig
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 08:19:06 PM »

I have the bench seats and yes I believe there would be room for three.  I cannot say if they are as comfortable as the captain seats or not.  It really boils down to a matter of choice and what will suit your needs the best.
Joroyanna

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 08:20:51 PM »

Thanks.  Also, do they recline, and is it easy to get into the third row?
big bear craig
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 08:41:50 PM »

They fold flat into the floor when not needed, they also recline, but not to the extent that the front seats do.  The bench seat slides front to back or vice versa to allow more room for the third seat.  The third seat is easily accessible with the bench seat.  It also has a center armrest that folds down and  has cupholders built into it. Hope this helps.
Joroyanna

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 09:30:31 PM »

Thanks so much.  I really appreciate it.
big bear craig
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 09:32:24 PM »

Your welcome.
Keith

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 09:41:26 PM »

I have the bench. I would say 3 across is doable and comfortable but a bit of a squeeze. The middle seat area is slightly higher and stiffer then either seat on the end but is still comfortable. The middle section has a storage compartment as well. I will post photos soon
ewillie1

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 09:50:51 PM »

I've got the bench seats, but my kids are 7 and 10.  They can easily have a friend back there with them and be comfortable, but that's not the same as a car seat.  I figure it's one more passenger in a pinch.

Comfort seems good, and access to the back seat is easy with the handles and sliders.  Good luck!  Erik

Red Jewel SLT-1, Ebony leather, 19" wheels, 8 passenger, DVD/Bose, purchased 5/29/07
Sboden

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 10:07:31 PM »

I've had 2 kids, 14 and 12, with a car seat on the bench seat quite often.  My kids have not complained about the seats.  I put the car seat right behind the driver's side, so I could fold down the larger section of the bench seat.   I would have preferred the captains chairs, but the bench seat was more practical for my family.

07 Silv Acadia SLT 1 with all available SLT 2 options except nav and dvd.
07 Silv Saturn Sky Turbo (2 seat convertible)
08 Grey Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS
09 Blu Nissan Altima 2.5S
Keith

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 11:31:29 PM »

OK, here are pics of the bench in ebony leather. I put car seat behind the passenger as that is the shortest section. Unlike previous poster, the wider seat section is behind the driver. Not sure why mine would be different. Second photo shows fold down cup holder with storage compartment
Joroyanna

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 03:40:25 AM »

OK, here are pics of the bench in ebony leather. I put car seat behind the passenger as that is the shortest section. Unlike previous poster, the wider seat section is behind the driver. Not sure why mine would be different. Second photo shows fold down cup holder with storage compartment

Thanks so much for the pics.
Sboden

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 01:49:47 PM »

You are correct.  Silly mistake on my part  Bang Head Binky Baby Help Crazy notworthy

07 Silv Acadia SLT 1 with all available SLT 2 options except nav and dvd.
07 Silv Saturn Sky Turbo (2 seat convertible)
08 Grey Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS
09 Blu Nissan Altima 2.5S
gardnersf

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 11:41:25 PM »

We have the Leather bench seats and find them very comfortable. I have had 8 passengers in the vehicle, including three adults in the second row. They could all sit without hips touching. My family was surprised at the room.

We went with them as we often have the back seat down for cargo and now we can seat 5 instead of 4.
GAR
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 06:07:42 AM »

I have the bench and 3 kids will sit comfortably.  I found that car seats fit nicely on the outside spots, but cannot find a car seat narrow enough to fit between the seat belts in the center.  Two car seats on the outside with an older kid in the middle would work, but if you want access to the 3rd row, you must first remove the car seat because the middle seat folds up when it moves forward. 

My brother in law has had the Chrysler minivans with captains chairs for many years now so I have had the pleasure of sitting in the 2nd row quite a bit.  My assessment would be that this bench is as comfortable as the buckets from the last version of the Chrysler, but better then the current stow-n-go seats.  One negative about the bench vs the Chrysler is that the bench does not recline as far back as the buckets in the Chrysler.  I don't have any experience with the buckets in the Acadia.

I took the whole family alone with the seats in for the test drive and we took the time for everyone to move around from spot to spot to be sure it would work for us.

Good Luck

2008 Acadia SLT-1 AWD Red Jewel w/Titanium, Convenience PKG, DVD, 8 pass, Heated Washer. Delivery on 9/17/2007. May 8th Transmission Update 9/24/2008.
2004 Pontiac Vibe
2002 Chevy Tracker 4WD ZR2
ewillie1

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 07:59:01 PM »

I had my wife and six kids in the Acadia for birthday party pizza, and everyone fit comfortably.  I'm a fan of the bench setup for its practicality, although I think captain's chairs look cooler.

I've had three adults in the back going to lunch at work, and it worked fine too.  Good luck, Erik

Red Jewel SLT-1, Ebony leather, 19" wheels, 8 passenger, DVD/Bose, purchased 5/29/07
chrisg

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2010, 12:21:28 PM »

You can see a Metallic Brown SLT-2 with 2nd row bench seat and perforated Cashmere leather at Epcot's Test Track.
I think it also has sunroofs, NAV, and DVD.

I don't think they'll let you test drive it Cheesy

2010 Acadia SLT-2, Red Jewel/Cashmere, 2-2-3 w console, HUD, Nav, power rear sunscreen
WeatherTech tan front mats, Husky tan 2nd, 3rd, and cargo mats
Jay T
ShadowRider

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 07:06:29 AM »

Looks like u got some replies....
My opinion is bench!
I have the leather bench, awesome, more room, and if you slide them forward a bit you can get the recline to go further back, def go bench! love it...
was after captain chairs in the beginning but honestly there's not enough room in between them to get to the third row anyhow, and I have kids so they like to sit in the middle and see outta the front window.
again just my opinion.....

2010 AWD Acadia = Carbon black out / Ebony leather in, dual sunroofs and all the toys...
CarbonBlackMetallic#12
2008 VW Jetta 2.5L = Intake, wheels, tints, 7inch indash touch screen.
1995 American Classic Bagged, Lowered & Chromed Out!

Moderator @  shadowriders.net  forum
canuckdrvr

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 11:59:17 AM »

When we went to order our Acadia, we had the dealer pull two Acadias up side by side, one with bench and one with 2nd row captains chairs.  We were leaning toward captains chairs to begin with but after trying them out we ordered with the bench.  We found each very comfortable (of course, it's an Acadia after all!)  but the potential to put 3 people in the 2nd row bench and/or the potential to put baby stuff Binky Baby there won us over and we went to the bench!  thumbs up Hasn't arrived yet though.   Funny enough we bought a boat a few years ago and had the same decision to make between 2 - one with a rear bench and one with 2 split seats around the engine... we went with the split seats and I wish we had bought the bench now!

We went with the Red Jewel colour - so have already named the Acadia - Clifford the big red truck!  Have a theme song too - think the Aquarius tune but with "Acadia" as the words! A-cad-ia! blob

2010 Acadia SLE1 AWD, Red Jewel Tintcoat, HD Trailering, Block Heater
encadia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 12:12:21 PM »

We have an Enclave with captain's chairs (2 seats) and an Acadia with the bench in the second row. We have 3 kids ages 7, 7 and 9. Yes they are twins.

The kids prefer the Enclave, because they can easily walk through to the 3rd row to sit. On the other hand, they like the bench seating in the middle on our Acadia because they can hide in the 3rd row.

I personally like the bench seating because we have 3 kids. If I am carrying something in the back, they can still fit in the our Acadia with the 3rd row down. You can't do that in our Enclave. I guess it all depends on what works for your situation.

2007 GMC Acadia SLT2, AWD, Medium brown metallic/brick leather, HUD, towing pkg, dual sunroofs, 20" Denali Wheels,
2008 Buick Enclave CXL, FWD, blue-gold/titanium leather, dual sunroofs, 19" chrome plated wheels
2006 Mini Cooper S Convertible, Dark Silver, 17" JCW wheels, Xenon Headlights
bluezgo

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 04:19:39 AM »

I too have the bench for the second row. I sat in the back for a little while watching a movie and the seats seemed pretty comfortable. We checked out the buckets and liked the idea of folding down the third row and still being able to have 5 passengers. The buckets looked and felt great too though. It was a tough choice but I think in the end we are happy with what we have.

2010 Acadia SLE AWD, Medium Brown Metalic, Light Titanium Cloth seats, DVD's in rear headrests, second row bench, with spare tire, purchased March 20, 2010.
2006 HUMMER H2 Base, Twilight Maroon Metalic, Wheat Leather
2001 Dodge Ram 1500, Dark Garnet Red Pearl Coat, Mist Grey Cloth, No Power anythi
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories