Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
October 24, 2014, 09:23:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Acadia Sales Numbers:    Sept: 5,287      YTD Total: 62,013      All Time: 323,333  (graph)

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Acadia vs Yukon  (Read 21175 times, 27 Replies)
metropoltian

Ignore
« on: August 20, 2007, 01:49:30 PM »

My Issue,   I like the Acadia and my Wife likes the Acadia but likes the Yukon better and the car is for her.  Any one have both and wish to give their 2 cents.  Witch one has more room inside .  You can get a 2007 Yukon for alot off so I would be spending about the same for either car with perty much the same options.

thx
loach
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 02:07:10 PM »

Assuming you are talking about the Yukon (as opposed to the Yukon XL), the Acadia has much better leg room in the third row and more cargo space behind the third row.  Also, the Yukon's 3rd row does not fold flat - the seat has to be removed.

Formerly owned: '08 GMC Acadia SLT2 AWD.  Bought July '07, sold Aug '10
big bear craig
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 02:25:39 PM »

It really boils down to which car fits your needs the best.  If you need space and want a little better mileage, better handling, and a better ride the Acadia might be for you.  If you need the car to tow heavy trailers or want V8 power the Yukon might suit you better.  The Acadia most likely will have better resale value also, but that is speculative at this point.
TMMAR
Acadia GOD!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 03:07:02 PM »

my friend has a yukon and we took a tape measure and measured the inside.  The Acadia was within a couple of inches of the Yukon on interior dimensions.

2011 AWD Acadia Denali, Red Jewel Tint, Ebony Leather, NAV
My other vehicle:
2008 Berkshire 40' Diesel Pusher Motor Home
stevemel

I'll always be a Texas girl.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 05:37:10 PM »

I used to have a Tahoe prior to getting my Acadia.  Although all the dimensions on head room, cargo, etc. say the Acadia has more space, it just feels smaller than the Tahoe/Yukon.  Maybe b/c I have ebony leather and ebony carpet and had tan leather/carpet in the Tahoe.  The Acadia has more of a cave like feel!!!  I do like my fold down 3rd row vs. removing and storing the seats and there is more leg room in the 3rd row than the Tahoe/Yukon.  I can get my Acadia in the garage thanks to the folding mirrors...couldn't do that on my old Tahoe.

There is not as much room on the 2nd row bench in the Acadia as there was in my Tahoe.  I have 2 kids in car seats/booster seat and I used to have them side by side in the Tahoe...can't do that in the center seating position in the Acadia and have the smartslide work properly.

Hope this helps.

Mel

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD Royal Blue Pearl with Gray Leather

My Acadia (delivered 3/12/07) - Liquid Silver/Ebony Leather SLT-2 AWD, HUD, Cargo Controls, Entertainment System with Bose Surround, 2nd row bench (SOLD 3/28/08)
mikiek

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 02:05:13 AM »

As was already posted - the mileage might be the determining factor - it was for me. I'm doing a lot of hiway miles and am getting 23/24 mpg and the vehicle only has 2500 miles. I would expect  even better after 5000 miles.

However in all honesty, if you do mostly city driving I don't know that there is that much difference between the two. They both get lousy street milage.

The post on the handling is right on - the front drive/long wheelbase/wide track makes the Acadia a much better handling machine.

There was a post on towing - I have a 2900 lb boat\trailer - the Acadia (with trailer package) does a good job of hauling and even more important - getting the boat + trailer up the ramp. This was questionable when I bought the Acadia (I was looking at smaller SUVs) but it was also THE reason I bought the Acadia. Mine is a FWD and there was no doubt that the luggage behind was going to make it up the ramp. I couldn't have been more satisfied.

Good luck with whatever your choice may be.
shot_1

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 08:07:02 AM »

I believe I heard that the Acadia was 1% smaller than Yukon on the inside...........

2007 SLE  White 
Built 3-14
TowPac,Power seats,XM
Tinted windows, Polk Audio speakers
loach
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 09:33:37 AM »

I believe I heard that the Acadia was 1% smaller than Yukon on the inside...........

Actually, the Acadia has a little more maximum cargo volume:

Acadia: 116.9 cu ft
Tahoe/Yukon: 109.0 cu ft.

GerryL

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 10:37:26 AM »

The Acadia has a much more usable third row seat and more flexible interior combinations in folding for various cargo configurations.  That and it's fuel mileage are it's significant strengths. The Yukon's strong points are its towing capacity and its off roadability as it has a considerably more robust frame and more serious AWD system.

2007 Acadia SLT2, AWD, Gold Mist/Brick
IScubaSlo

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 07:45:06 PM »

Take it from me.........I had 5 Yukon Denalis, and I admit, I was a little nervous about downsizing to the Acadia........

Ive had the Acadia now for 4 months and I'm glad I bought it instead of another Yukon.
I absolutely love it.......and it does have more cargo room than the Denali.   The 3rd row is so much more easy to access and with more leg room, and no more lugging those heavy seats in and out...... The leg room behind first row is absolutely unbelievable, plus the rear windows go all the way down.

Gas mileage is 24 vs 13 on the Denali.......
Handles a lot better.
Easier to get in and out of garage.
Insurance is cheaper........
What more can I say?Huh?Huh???

Carbon Metallic/Brick STL-2, AWD, HID, HUD,  19 in wheels, Trailer Package.
colleencolandrea

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 10:59:38 PM »

Unless you need to tow more than 4000 pounds, the Acadia gives you more bang for the buck and more mileage for your gas.

Discounts are higher on the Yukons, but so are the initial price tags.

Many of my Acadia customers are trading in their Yukons, and they have all been completely satisfied with the switch.
toasteroven

I have nothing clever to say.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 10:19:51 AM »

The Acadia is 1/2 inch shorter than a Yukon.

As stated above, it has more interior volume.

Better 3rd row seats. And they fold flat.

It boils down to two things - towing and fuel economy.

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

'07 Acadia SLE AWD/Blue-Gold/ColdWeather+Preferred+Trailer/SLE Enhanced DIC... GONE
a few cars in between here
'12 Chrysler 300 SRT8/470HP/same fuel economy as the Acadia, 350% more fun
metropoltian

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 10:54:49 AM »

Take it from me.........I had 5 Yukon Denalis, and I admit, I was a little nervous about downsizing to the Acadia........

Ive had the Acadia now for 4 months and I'm glad I bought it instead of another Yukon.
I absolutely love it.......and it does have more cargo room than the Denali.   The 3rd row is so much more easy to access and with more leg room, and no more lugging those heavy seats in and out...... The leg room behind first row is absolutely unbelievable, plus the rear windows go all the way down.

Gas mileage is 24 vs 13 on the Denali.......
Handles a lot better.
Easier to get in and out of garage.
Insurance is cheaper........
What more can I say?Huh?Huh???

thx... this will help my wife see the light
BloodRedHog

Go Hogs Go

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 07:53:13 PM »

Wow...you are where I was in March of this year...

My advice...do NOT buy the Yukon. I did, and sold it 90 days later.

My wife like the Denali - I liked the Acadia. At the last minute, we went with the Denali.

I hated every minute of those third row seats. Search my posts on this topic.

Either buy them both or go with the Crossover.

2007 Acadia Red Jewel, SLT-2, HID, HUD, DVD, NAV, Skyscape, 19" Wheels, Bench, Trailer on Order
2004 BMW 330i
2007 Infiniti M35X
2004 GMC Yukon
Cravenfan

I've been to Acadia National Park!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 01:58:56 PM »

I had a 99 Yukon, switched, love the Acadia.  More room, better control and handling, fold down third row seats, better gas milage...didn't take a hit to my Man Card either. 

99 Yukon got tired, 2007 SLT1 - Deep Blue Metallic ordered on 4/10/07, received on 6/23/07.  99 T&C also got tired, got a 2008 Nighthawk black CRV EX-L for my wife.
tm59

All things being equal... buy American

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 01:01:50 PM »

Is it a Yukon or Yukon XL?  I traded my Suburban for our Acadia.  The seating room is about the same.  The Acadia's third row seats may even be better.  But the big boy (XL) definitely has more storage behind the seat.  Good luck! 

'14 Acadia Denali, Crystal Red, H&C Ebony, 0 miles - arrived on July 17, 2013
'07 Acadia SLT-2, Liquid Silver, Ebony, 129,000 miles - departed on July 17, 2013
loach
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 02:09:52 PM »

But the big boy (XL) definitely has more storage behind the seat.  Good luck! 

One would hope so since it's almost 2 feet longer than Acadia.

tm59

All things being equal... buy American

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 04:01:00 PM »

Sure for the XL, but what about std. Yukon?  Which has more room behind the third seat, std. Yukon or Acadia?

'14 Acadia Denali, Crystal Red, H&C Ebony, 0 miles - arrived on July 17, 2013
'07 Acadia SLT-2, Liquid Silver, Ebony, 129,000 miles - departed on July 17, 2013
GerryL

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 04:09:33 PM »

Sure for the XL, but what about std. Yukon?  Which has more room behind the third seat, std. Yukon or Acadia?

According to the GMC website the Acadia has 19.7 and the Yukon 16.9 cu ft behind the third row.  The numbers are 69.9 vs 60.3 for the second row.  In both cases the Acadia is about 15% larger

2007 Acadia SLT2, AWD, Gold Mist/Brick
Mama2girls+ababy!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 05:50:02 PM »

The Acadia was larger  (using those same website numbers for cubic feet behind 3rd row) than an Expedition and Sequoia as well. 

Finally decided.  2007 Honda Odyssey EXL-RES. Dark Cherry Pearl, Ivory Leather interior.  (Though I still secretly lust after the Acadia.)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories