Acadiaforum.net Bookmark and Share
April 19, 2014, 07:56:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.   (Registering removes in-text ads)
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Acadiaforum Window Decals are now available!  Order Here

Home   Help Search Gallery Login Register  
Registered users see fewer ads.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: has anyone tried the ipod lock pick yet??????????????  (Read 15256 times, 40 Replies)
joe-drum

Ignore
« on: August 02, 2007, 10:55:21 PM »

just wondering if anyone tried this from coasteltech it seems way easier to install then the nav lockpick .i figure to at least pick this one up.
morpheus2969

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 10:46:11 AM »

I purchased the iPod lock pick from Coastal Tech and installed it in my Outlook last week.  The XM radio unit is in the rear side compartment on the driver's side of the vehicle. It was a fairly easy install.  I was getting alot of distortion because of the dynamic range of many of the songs. Recommendations regarding iPod playback settings (selecting sound check and deselecting crossfading options) did not work.  The customer/tech support is lousy - so I'm returning it today.  SmartPark has a solution that I'm going to investigate.

Morpheus

"I have dreamed a dream, but now that dream is gone from me." - The Matrix Reloaded
Pelle31

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 09:12:08 AM »

I installed the iPod Lockpick from Coastaltech yesterday.  Easy install and works like a champ! Cheers  We took pictures so will put together a quick presentation/tutorial a little later but I'm VERY happy.

2007 Acadia SLT-2 AWD, Carbon Metallic/Ebony DVD, NAV, HID, HUD, 19's, Captains chairs etc.
morpheus2969

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 09:28:32 AM »

I installed the iPod Lockpick from Coastaltech yesterday.  Easy install and works like a champ! Cheers  We took pictures so will put together a quick presentation/tutorial a little later but I'm VERY happy.

I'm glad it has worked out for you - with out any technical issues.  I'm still waiting for my refund.  PIE has a unit that I'm going to try.  Scosche has one that has better features than both of these units but its currently not available for this platform.

Morpheus

"I have dreamed a dream, but now that dream is gone from me." - The Matrix Reloaded
big bear craig
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 12:53:45 PM »

What is a lock pik and what does it do?
Pelle31

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 04:39:15 PM »

What is a lock pik and what does it do?

http://www.coastaletech.com/GM_IPOD_LOCKPICK.htm

I bought the package that includes the Ipod lock and the Lockpick which unlocks the NAV and DVD blocks

2007 Acadia SLT-2 AWD, Carbon Metallic/Ebony DVD, NAV, HID, HUD, 19's, Captains chairs etc.
big bear craig
Acadia Freak

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 08:03:04 PM »

Thanks.
mmal4

2007 SLT-2 All options except heater and AWD

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 04:13:24 AM »

Hey Pelle31....did the coastal tech lockpick work for you?  I know some people had problems with this unit a while ago and most went with the Nav2Go unit....

Unblock NAV and DVD??

Which lockpick did you go with?  Gen3? or that GMX320?

LED Reverse Lights/Extra backup LEDs in corners from Autolumination.  Putco LED interior lighting with floor and Glove Box LED's added.  Factory backup camera installed on my 07'.  Bluestar 2010 Bluetooth kit.  Denali front and rear bumpers, Blacked out vinyl GMC Logos.  Coastaltech Lockpick
Pelle31

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 11:09:21 AM »

Hey Pelle31....did the coastal tech lockpick work for you?  I know some people had problems with this unit a while ago and most went with the Nav2Go unit....

Unblock NAV and DVD??

Which lockpick did you go with?  Gen3? or that GMX320?

I haven't installed the lockpick yet.  Just the Ipod pick which works fine.  This is a brand new generation from the one people tried previously so I don't expect to have problems.  I was holding out for this one since it's a little more 'plug and play' and also bluetooth ready.  Installing a parrot with it.

I have the GMX320

I bought the 'GMX320IPODCOMBO' that included both.

dmann33

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 11:30:54 PM »

Does this work with any ipod (i.e. ipod nano) or just the full size ipod?
Pelle31

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 08:14:57 AM »

Does this work with any ipod (i.e. ipod nano) or just the full size ipod?

any iPod.  I happen to have a nano so I can certainly vouch for that  Cheers

Actually, here are a couple of pictures to share.  These are after-install pictures of course.  The first picture is a bit blurry but was just trying to show how LockPick adds it's own little screen while it's plugged in  wink 

Boy my NAV screen is dirty confused

JonTon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 10:30:22 AM »

Don't think this will work with the I-POD Shuffle.

2009 Acadia SLT-2 FWD, Silver-Green Metallic, Titanium, 8-pass, NAV, DVD, Technology, Trailering, Perf Leather
2002 Civic LX
Pelle31

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 10:39:38 AM »

Don't think this will work with the I-POD Shuffle.

?

Not sure what you mean?  I don't have any functional issues. 

Once you grasp how lock pick had to do some 'work arounds' to deal with the software given, it's quite simple to navigate through your playlists etc.   Is that the kind of shuffle to which you were referring?

This set-up might not be ideal but it works.  I look at it as 'beggars can't be choosers'.  If I wanted Ideal, I would replace the head unit  drunk

JonTon

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 11:33:35 AM »

There is a version of the I-POD called the Shuffle.  It is a small unit without the interface required to hook it up to your lockpick.  This is the only I-POD that will not work with this setup.

I wasn't refferring to being able to "shuffle" through music.  Sorry for the confusion. Grin

For completion, here's a link to the Shuffle:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?nnmm=browse&mco=2FCD4B0F&node=home/ipod/ipod_shuffle

2009 Acadia SLT-2 FWD, Silver-Green Metallic, Titanium, 8-pass, NAV, DVD, Technology, Trailering, Perf Leather
2002 Civic LX
Pelle31

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 11:36:50 AM »

There is a version of the I-POD called the Shuffle.  It is a small unit without the interface required to hook it up to your lockpick.  This is the only I-POD that will not work with this setup.

I wasn't refferring to being able to "shuffle" through music.  Sorry for the confusion. Grin

oh  angel  thanx for the clarification.  didn't seem like you meant music shuffle but I'm easily confused anyway Cool

kriskagle

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 12:40:49 AM »

Did you find it easy to install?
Pelle31

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2007, 08:17:46 AM »

Did you find it easy to install?

very.  The real issues was trying to release the blue clip (second picture) holding the module connector in.  It's tight back there as you can see from the first picture.  But, once you get that off, it's just a matter of plugging the lock pick unit in and buttoning things back up.

A couple pictures attached.  First picture is of the XM module prior to doing any work.  The module is in the back.  you see that yellow connector plugged into it.  That is the antenna.  The connector you need is to the left of that but hidden by wires. 

The second picture is a bit blurry but it's just to show the little blue clip that you have to pull down in order to release the connector.

Third picture:  lockpick unit after plugging everything in.

Fourth picture: lockpick unit neatly wire tied in place

muddy1

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 03:44:59 PM »

Pelle31:
I just installed the lock pic in my 2008 Acadia.  Thanks for the photos - saved me a bunch of time looking for the XM module.  BTW - how is yours working?  Can you navigate through your ipod songs with the touch screen?  i.e. can you play a playlist or can you scroll through all your artists using the scroll slider?

Update: spoke with technical support today and found out how to navigate via the tuning knob.  It's not that great...

Is anyone else unhappy with the quality of the sound from this interface or is it just me?
optimus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2007, 12:54:25 AM »

Do you need the Acadia with the NAV to get this working?  I would like this type of IPOD functionality, but I don't have the NAV screen.
muddy1

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2007, 09:44:37 AM »

Update on my previous comments about the ipod interface from costal

I've uninstalled it from my '08 Acadia and will be sending it back for two reasons:

1. the human interface isn't what I expected.  I thought it would work the same as the factory interface for a CD loaded with MP3 tracks.  You could sort by artist or album or song and scroll through the list with the touch screen.  But that's not the case.  With over 750 albums on my ipod the costal interface just doesn't work for me.  If you only have a few songs it may be fine.

2. the sound quality doesn't match what you hear from a CD loaded with MP3 tracks.  I don't know what the problem is, but it reminds me of the difference between some XM stations.  Some XM stations seem to be in 'Hi-Fi', others are raspy and seem to be overly compressed.  The costal interface makes all my ipod music sound like the overly compressed XM stuff....not what I wanted, but again, it may be just fine for some people.

I still have the costal lock pic and blue-tooth kit and will be installing them this weekend.  Will post results next week.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up   [ Home | Unread Posts | Unread Replies ]
  Print  

Jump to:  
Custom Auto Accessories