Remote Functions not working like they used to - GMC Acadia Forum: AcadiaForum.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17
Remote Functions not working like they used to

I had my 2011 GMC Acadia SLE-2 to the dealer this morning as the service engine light was on.

When I left I had pushed the lock button on the remote 2 times to make the horn chirp to find my Acadia. I also stopped at another store on the way home and the horn chirped there when the lock button was pushed on the remote 2 times.

Once I got home, I pushed the lock button 2 times and the only thing it did was lock on the first push and no horn chirp on the 2nd push. Both remotes are doing the same thing.

Also, my delayed locking used to chime 3 times when the lock button on the door was pushed, shut the door and 5 seconds later the doors would lock and the horn beep. Now all it does is chime 3 times, shut the door and nothing.

Can the Acadia be programmed by a tech tool to get the settings back the way there were before I took it for service? I don't have DIC buttons and I would like the lock programming to be back the way it was before!

Thanks for any info!

2016 GMC Acadia SLT-1 AWD, Ebony Twilight Metallic<br />2011 GMC Acadia SLE-2 AWD, Carbon Black Metallic
chevygirl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15,755
Re: Remote Functions not working like they used to

It seems that whatever the check engine light fix was has now somehow disrupted the locking features. I would take it back to the dealer and show them what is happening. What was the fix for the CEL?

2014 Impala LS (non-eco)-Build date 12/13/2013&nbsp; Mine 3/15/2014<br />"I don't care what you think about me; I don't think about you at all"
jsimms is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17
Re: Remote Functions not working like they used to

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA/78U
It seems that whatever the check engine light fix was has now somehow disrupted the locking features. I would take it back to the dealer and show them what is happening. What was the fix for the CEL?
The dealer told me nothing could be found with the CEL, (it was on when I took it to them, and they cleared it) but when it came on Friday (today was the first appt I could get at the dealer), Onstar had told me there was a code for the emissions were not working properly on the Acadia. The dealer's advice....if the light comes on again to go back.

2016 GMC Acadia SLT-1 AWD, Ebony Twilight Metallic<br />2011 GMC Acadia SLE-2 AWD, Carbon Black Metallic
chevygirl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 02:41 PM
Acadia Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,633
Re: Remote Functions not working like they used to

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevygirl
I had my 2011 GMC Acadia SLE-2 to the dealer this morning as the service engine light was on.

When I left I had pushed the lock button on the remote 2 times to make the horn chirp to find my Acadia. I also stopped at another store on the way home and the horn chirped there when the lock button was pushed on the remote 2 times.

Once I got home, I pushed the lock button 2 times and the only thing it did was lock on the first push and no horn chirp on the 2nd push. Both remotes are doing the same thing.

Also, my delayed locking used to chime 3 times when the lock button on the door was pushed, shut the door and 5 seconds later the doors would lock and the horn beep. Now all it does is chime 3 times, shut the door and nothing.

Can the Acadia be programmed by a tech tool to get the settings back the way there were before I took it for service? I don't have DIC buttons and I would like the lock programming to be back the way it was before!

Thanks for any info!
I agree with AA/78U - revisit your dealership for them to look into this. Please post an update with how things go!

Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html
GMC Customer Service is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Acadia Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,402
Re: Remote Functions not working like they used to

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevygirl
I had my 2011 GMC Acadia SLE-2 to the dealer this morning as the service engine light was on.

When I left I had pushed the lock button on the remote 2 times to make the horn chirp to find my Acadia. I also stopped at another store on the way home and the horn chirped there when the lock button was pushed on the remote 2 times.

Once I got home, I pushed the lock button 2 times and the only thing it did was lock on the first push and no horn chirp on the 2nd push. Both remotes are doing the same thing.

Also, my delayed locking used to chime 3 times when the lock button on the door was pushed, shut the door and 5 seconds later the doors would lock and the horn beep. Now all it does is chime 3 times, shut the door and nothing.

Can the Acadia be programmed by a tech tool to get the settings back the way there were before I took it for service? I don't have DIC buttons and I would like the lock programming to be back the way it was before!

Thanks for any info!
How was the locking set-up to begin with? Without the DIC I wasn't aware of any way to change the lock settings. My last three Acadias have all been SLE and SLE-2 trim lines and the autolock feature you described has never been part of my vehicles.

Mine works as follows...

All doors closed, push lock twice on remote and the horn chirps on the second push (as you described)

Any doors open, push lock one, two, three, ten times on remote and the only thing it does is lock the doors, no chirp

Any doors open, push lock button inside vehicle, will lock and immediatly unlock the doors

Any doors open, push lock button inside vehicle with handle pulled out on drivers door, all doors lock

I have no automatic locking feature.


I'm curious if a door closed sensor is faulty for you. If the Acadia detects a door is open (when in reality it is closed) then it is following the sequence for an open door locking. In that case you would have no horn chirps and no auto-locking feature active.

2008 SLE AWD 8psg Medium Brown Metallic RIP<br />2010 SLE2 AWD 8psg Summit White / Sunroof / tow pkg Traded-IN<br />2012 SLE2 AWD 8psg QuickSilver / Sunroof / Bose Traded-IN<br />2017 SLT1 AWD 7psg Summit White / Navigation / Sunroof / Bose / Tow pkg
Nvr2loud is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17
Re: Remote Functions not working like they used to

Everything is working as it did in the first place! Turns out my hatch door wasn't latching properly and therefore the Acadia sensed there was door open and that's why the horn did not chip when the lock button on the remote was pressed 2x or the horn didn't chirp with the delayed locking.

I took it back, they replaced the latch handle on the hatch door and everything is back to normal!

2016 GMC Acadia SLT-1 AWD, Ebony Twilight Metallic<br />2011 GMC Acadia SLE-2 AWD, Carbon Black Metallic
chevygirl is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Acadia GOD!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,698
Re: Remote Functions not working like they used to

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevygirl
Everything is working as it did in the first place! Turns out my hatch door wasn't latching properly and therefore the Acadia sensed there was door open and that's why the horn did not chip when the lock button on the remote was pressed 2x or the horn didn't chirp with the delayed locking.

I took it back, they replaced the latch handle on the hatch door and everything is back to normal!
Good news - didn't you have a warning light or DIC message that indicated the hatch was open?

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
mikemu is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17
Re: Remote Functions not working like they used to

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemu
Good news - didn't you have a warning light or DIC message that indicated the hatch was open?
Nope nothing. I noticed it as I opened the hatch to get my bags out of, when I closed it, it seemed like it wasn't closing properly.

The next Acadia will also have the SLE-2 package, but I will upgrade the radio to have the harness for the Enhanced DIC. I had that on my 2007 SV6 we traded in for the Acadia and I do miss that feature. We have a german shepherd who is in the Acadia often, but I don't think the SLT-1 and leather seats would be a good combination for her nails.

2016 GMC Acadia SLT-1 AWD, Ebony Twilight Metallic<br />2011 GMC Acadia SLE-2 AWD, Carbon Black Metallic
chevygirl is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 17
Re: Remote Functions not working like they used to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvr2loud
How was the locking set-up to begin with? Without the DIC I wasn't aware of any way to change the lock settings. My last three Acadias have all been SLE and SLE-2 trim lines and the autolock feature you described has never been part of my vehicles.

Mine works as follows...

All doors closed, push lock twice on remote and the horn chirps on the second push (as you described)

Any doors open, push lock one, two, three, ten times on remote and the only thing it does is lock the doors, no chirp

Any doors open, push lock button inside vehicle, will lock and immediatly unlock the doors

Any doors open, push lock button inside vehicle with handle pulled out on drivers door, all doors lock

I have no automatic locking feature.


I'm curious if a door closed sensor is faulty for you. If the Acadia detects a door is open (when in reality it is closed) then it is following the sequence for an open door locking. In that case you would have no horn chirps and no auto-locking feature active.



Mine locks like this:

All doors closed, push lock twice on remote and the horn chirps on the second push
Any doors open, push lock one, two, three, ten times on remote and the only thing it does is lock the doors, no chirp
Any doors open, push lock button inside vehicle, will lock and immediately lock the doors when pushed 2 times, if only pushed once, a chime will beep and then once the doors are all closed, will lock the doors and chirp the horn.


2016 GMC Acadia SLT-1 AWD, Ebony Twilight Metallic<br />2011 GMC Acadia SLE-2 AWD, Carbon Black Metallic
chevygirl is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Acadia GOD!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,797
Re: Remote Functions not working like they used to

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevygirl
We have a german shepherd who is in the Acadia often, but I don't think the SLT-1 and leather seats would be a good combination for her nails.

the horn not honking when I push the lock button twice-- tells me theres a door open.(or not properly closed)....

as for German Shepherds...

2010 FWD LT1-Gold Mist Metallic- seats 8.
Build Date- July 31, 2009-2nd day of Spring Hill 2010 production.
2013 Equinox 3.6L - 60,000
2010 Traverse 3.6L- 127,000
2003 Trailblazer 4.2L-180,000
rbarrios is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the GMC Acadia Forum: AcadiaForum.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome