Spark Plugs - GMC Acadia Forum: AcadiaForum.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 23
Spark Plugs

Has anyone had or have done themselves, changed out the spark plugs. If so, did you notice an improvement??

2007 Acadia SLT AWD, Carbon Black, Steel Tech tube nerf bars.  2nd row capt, overhead DVD.  Nav, The works
sdsu1982 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Acadia GOD!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,698
Re: Spark Plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsu1982
Has anyone had or have done themselves, changed out the spark plugs. If so, did you notice an improvement??
How many miles do you have that you're even considering that. They are good for 100K. The last car I had which I changed them at 100K showed no noticeable difference so I suspect they're probably good for longer.

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
mikemu is offline  
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,417
Re: Spark Plugs

The last time I hit 100K in a vehicle was my 2003 Silverado. I ended up changing the plugs out at 90K as the idle had gotten a little rough, but the new plugs fixed that.

I agree with mikemu, you shouldn't have to change them out any time soon, as long as you don't have some other condition that has fouled them.

08 Acadia FWD SLT-2 Liquid Silver/Brick, 129K miles (Built 8/24/07 - Mine 9/7/07) SOLD<br />17 Silverado LT CC 4x4 5.3L (Built 3/3/17 - Mine 3/27/17)<br />14 Cruze 2LT/RS 6-spd (Built 2/26/14 - Mine 3/22/14)<br />16 Sierra All-Terrain CC 5.3L (Built 5/14/16 - Mine 8/30/16)<br />14 Escape SE 1.6L FWD (Mine 12/27/16)
GeoHawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Acadia Freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,871
Re: Spark Plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsu1982
Has anyone had or have done themselves, changed out the spark plugs. If so, did you notice an improvement??
Are you wanting to put in a better plug like for fuel economy or .......

2009' SATURN OUTLOOK 1XR FWD, SOLD<br />2013 Chevy Suburban 4X4 Crystal Red Tintcoat/Ebony<br />2005 VUE<br />2008 GMC SIERRA CREW Z71 Sonoma Red/Ebony cloth, LC9 BlackBear tuned
6Sixathome is offline  
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 15,755
Re: Spark Plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsu1982
Has anyone had or have done themselves, changed out the spark plugs. If so, did you notice an improvement??
What is your mileage?

2014 Impala LS (non-eco)-Build date 12/13/2013&nbsp; Mine 3/15/2014<br />"I don't care what you think about me; I don't think about you at all"
jsimms is offline  
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Jr. Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 97
Re: Spark Plugs


We have 60K on out Acadia, and was contemplating changing out the Spark Plugs. Our Mileage has taken a hit since Thanksgiving (from 22 mpg on the Interstate to 18 mpg Interstate - same driving style - actually am going slower 75 vs. 72). I'm not sure if the cold weather and the 10% mandated ethanol in the gas has caused this hit. I have a hard time leaving in the spark plugs until 100K. Will there be issues with changing them (stuck in the head, gall the threads)?

Are there better plugs?

Bill

2007 GMC Acadia SLE w/ upgraded Bose stereo, and towing package.<br />1996 GMC SLT Suburban K2500 w/ 6.5 Turbo Diesel.<br />1987 Buick GN
wfyehl is offline  
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Acadia NIRVANA
 
speleos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 14,154
Re: Spark Plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfyehl
We have 60K on out Acadia, and was contemplating changing out the Spark Plugs. Our Mileage has taken a hit since Thanksgiving (from 22 mpg on the Interstate to 18 mpg Interstate - same driving style - actually am going slower 75 vs. 72). I'm not sure if the cold weather and the 10% mandated ethanol in the gas has caused this hit. I have a hard time leaving in the spark plugs until 100K. Will there be issues with changing them (stuck in the head, gall the threads)?

Are there better plugs?
Do you change the air filter on any regular basis? That could be another cause for the drop in mpg's. Truly, the new plugs do last 100k miles, even longer! The main problem with changing plugs is access! Have a lot of Band Aids ready if you DIY!!

2007 Acadia SLT-2, 'HiYo' Silver outside, Titanium/Ebony inside, no NAV, no HUD, no errors
speleos is online now  
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Acadia Freak
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,290
Re: Spark Plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleos
Have a lot of Band Aids ready if you DIY!!
Have you changed them on the acadia?

2009 GMC Acadia SLE, FWD.&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; <br />Quicksilver/Titanium, Convenience/&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; <br />Preferred/Visibility/Trailering.<br />SAC Member
Copperhead13 is offline  
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 23
Re: Spark Plugs

Vehicle has 36k and has seen a drop in fuel economy and sluggishness. Trip to Vegas last week averaged 19.9 mpg with just my wife and I and minimal luggage. One year ago I averaged 23.4 for the trip. I have had it in for all necessary maintenance before the warranty ran out. Reflash tran, mobile one, even had injectors cleaned, replace faulty Bose Nav radio (would not properly play DVD with MP3's), changed out driver's seat track (thanks to forum for info to get that done). Use K&N air filter, still looks new. I am looking at Iridium plugs from Denso.

Tires Bridgestone Alenza HL

Oil Mobil 1 syn

2007 Acadia SLT AWD, Carbon Black, Steel Tech tube nerf bars.&nbsp; 2nd row capt, overhead DVD.&nbsp; Nav, The works
sdsu1982 is offline  
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Acadia GOD!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,698
Re: Spark Plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsu1982
Vehicle has 36k and has seen a drop in fuel economy and sluggishness. Trip to Vegas last week averaged 19.9 mpg with just my wife and I and minimal luggage. One year ago I averaged 23.4 for the trip. I have had it in for all necessary maintenance before the warranty ran out. Reflash tran, mobile one, even had injectors cleaned, replace faulty Bose Nav radio (would not properly play DVD with MP3's), changed out driver's seat track (thanks to forum for info to get that done). Use K&N air filter, still looks new. I am looking at Iridium plugs from Denso.

Tires Bridgestone Alenza HL

Oil Mobil 1 syn
Can't imagine anything wrong with plugs at 36K unless something else is wrong.

08SLT1, FWD, Summit White, Ebony leather, sunroofs, DVD, power liftgate, remote start, rear sensors
mikemu is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the GMC Acadia Forum: AcadiaForum.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome