GMC Acadia Forum banner

2008 Acadia in Black

10K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  FunkD 
#1 ·
I was at a GMC dealer today and they told me that the 2008 Acadia's will have a black exterior color added to their lineup. It will be the same color as the Buick Enclave Carbon Flash Metallic...which is supposed be black versus the current carbon metallic color (Charcoal Grey). Can anyone confirm this? I was also told that they will start assembly of these in June 2008.

-Skee

#3 ·
:repost:

hehe, yeah this has been covered several times and it is true - it's replacing Carbon Metallic (us lucky lucky few will have a collectors item someday, you just watch!). There's even a 2008 Acadia buyers guide that shows all the changes. Do a search on here and you'll find it ;)

#4 ·
Admin has it right. There are other posts. When I look at the color, I wonder if they've just changed the name and the color isn't changing that much. Most of the Acadia colors have three words, not two.

#5 ·
Well, Carbon Metallic is 62U whereas Carbon Black Metallic is 58U, so I guess its a new color. Until we see actual
paint and not pics of said paint, its going to be tricky to tell, as some of the colors look totally different in person
under various lighting conditions in comparison to the online pics. Also, I never bother with the particular names
GM uses, as they will change the name between different models for the same paint. For example, color 67U
is called Liquid Silver Metallic on the Acadia, Silver Pearl on the Outlook and Platinum Metallic on the Enclave.

#6 ·
I still bet the change will be minimally perceptible in person when we see and compare the new color in real life.

#7 ·
Probably. I'm interested to see how dark Crimson Metallic is, and the actual differences between WDT
and Platinum Ice Tricoat. Hopefully by the time PIT is available I'll have made up my mind on an exterior
color :thumb:

#8 ·
admin said:
:repost:

hehe, yeah this has been covered several times and it is true - it's replacing Carbon Metallic (us lucky lucky few will have a collectors item someday, you just watch!). There's even a 2008 Acadia buyers guide that shows all the changes. Do a search on here and you'll find it ;)
Please provide the link to the 2008 Acadia buyers guide. I can not find while searching. Thanks.

#10 ·
#11 ·
Don't know if GMC checked actual popularity of colors, but from the poll on here, they're doing away with the most popular color available. Maybe it's more a name change, but the carbon metallic is an awesome color.

#12 ·
I'll findout upon delivery as I ordered an 07 Carbon Metallic and it has been swtched to an 08 Carbon Black Metallic. I think I'll survive the color change, but no the added wait!!!

FunkD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.